Fall Mesh-Ribbon Wreath
~Easy How-to tutorial


I tried my hand at creating a mesh ribbon wreath, I've been wanting to make one like those popular types seen all over pinterest!  I actually tried to make one of them before, and well, instead of having one like those to hang on my door, my patience ran out the door on me!  

Still, I did mange to make a beautiful mesh wreath, even though it wasn't the type I set out to make in the beginning.  I worked it out by making one that I ended up loving, so it was all good!   You can see it here if you'd like, and I explained how I made it.-(also at the time of this post, the wreath I mentioned is featured in the photo at the top of my blog).  Now on to this wreath below! 


I suppose it got to me that I had not made one of those 'typical' puffy or poofy mesh wreaths yet, and that pushed me to give it another go.  I found several tutorials online and lots, and lots of photos.  I took all of them into consideration and applied what I had seen, and learned, to achieve this project once and for all!

I viewed several videos where the mesh is attached to a wire wreath form via twist-ties or chenille stems/pipe cleaners.  And, I also viewed several videos for making wreaths using burlap ribbon, where the burlap is pulled through the sections of the wire wreath form into loops.  I used the latter method to make my 'fall mesh-ribbon wreath' because I liked the effect and didn't want to fuss with all the twist-ties.  And, truth be told, I didn't have enough twist ties, let alone chenille stems at the time.

Also, this method made the project just seem to flow so easily, and it really went quickly as well.  And, I actually preferred the look overall, especially since it wasn't over the top poofy.  Either way would work, but this is the look I was going for! 

I used a small wire wreath form, and a roll of mesh ribbon in a burlap/tan color with a white band down the center of it.  I thought the color was perfect to go with my neutral decor and would also work well for fall.

I'm loving my new mesh wreath.  I think it turned out well and now it hangs on my door, on the inside, so I can view and enjoy it.  Hmmm, I guess I could say I technically still really haven't made a 'typical' mesh wreath.  Leave it to me to do things my own way.  It's what I do!

Below are the steps used and items needed to make this Fall Mesh-Ribbon Wreath.

    



I started with a 12 inch wire wreath form, and a 5.5 inch x 24 foot roll of mesh ribbon.



After completion of adding the mesh ribbon to cover all of the wreath form, I fluffed and spread-out the loops that were pulled through all of the sections of the wreath form.  (I found this video tutorial here to be very helpful in giving an easy example for how to make a wreath using this pull through method.)  


I had some left over floral stems - leaves, grasses and flowers.  I used wire to attach and secure them to the wreath.  Glue could be used, but I like to give my wreaths a make-over, or change them from time to time, so I mostly use wire.


I parted the mesh ribbon and looped a length of wire about 7 or 8 inches long, around the form. 



Next I laid two identical bunches of the greenery and stems in opposite directions, on top of the wreath.



I secured them to the wreath by twisting the wire tightly around them to keep all the greenery in place.


I stuck the flower's stem through the wreath section, then turned the wreath over and bent the flower stem close to the frame.  I can always reuse the flower later on too.


I secured the stem in place using the wire I had tucked through the wreath from the front.


A little more straightening and fluffing of the attached greenery and flower, and the mesh ribbon loops completed the wreath, then it was ready to hang on my door.




It looks beautiful displayed on my foyer door, and it goes so well with all of my other fall decor.  I love it!  And, I love that it was so easy and inexpensive to make!




Happy Crafting!...






.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.