Thanksgiving Tablescape




I love to set a pretty table.  Paying a little extra attention to details that make the table more inviting and interesting, and also for the meal that will be enjoyed there.  Just as in the statement that "food is even better when it looks good," I think it is similar for the table setting in adding to the whole experience.


...______________________________...


This year for my Thanksgiving table I chose a creamy and golden look, with lots of sparkle.  I've gone with a neutral color scheme for fall that blends well with the neutral palette of the current decor in my home.




I recently purchased the large fork and spoon set and since I hadn't fully decided yet on just where I would hang them, I thought they worked quite well placed near my centerpiece on my Thanksgiving table.   After all, Thanksgiving is about enjoying delicious food and eating, and we need forks and spoons for that!  I thought it added a nice touch and it was definitely something different. 






The cut-glass and crystal pieces add lots of sparkle to my table.  I think the tone of it feels calm and relaxed, while being simple and elegant.





I've been collecting the cut-glass and crystal pieces for a few years and have been fortunate to find and purchase some of my pieces inexpensively from antique malls, and thrift shops.  Other pieces are gifts that have been given to me over the years.





The beautiful two tiered dish was a recent thrifty treasure which I transformed by giving it a makeover, using bronze paint.  I also painted the mini pumpkins and gourds I have displayed on it.  Using chalk paint and gold craft paints took them all from orange to the soft neutral colors that now go so well with my dining room.





For each place setting I used a cut-glass plate topped with a gold ruffled plate, and gold flatware.  It's fine to place the flatware how and where you like, it doesn't always have to be so formal when setting a beautiful table.  Sometimes I like to use a napkin folded into a pocket to hold each place setting of flatware tucked inside, then placed on top of the plate,

The acrylic napkin rings I've had for years.  I gave the cloth napkins a simple fan fold, before tucking them into the napkin rings, giving them a ruffle look to match the plates beneath them.

The cut-glass goblets are also recent thrifty treasures found at an antique mall.  I had to have them the moment I saw them, along with the beautiful pitcher seen in some of these photos, and a tray they were all sitting on at the time.  It was a very good day when I discovered those pieces!





I gave my table a light scattering of golden-colored faux leaves, they added a Fall touch to my Thanksgiving table.

The pretty octagon shaped and cut-glass plate was found a while back along with two other matching ones, those are also more thrifty treasures from an antique shop.  





This beautiful leaf was wearing its own sparkles and added to the sparkle of my tablescape.  A little more sparkle is always OK with me!  I wished that more of the leaves looked like this one, it was one of several different leaves in a pack that I found on mark-down at the craft store.


...______________________________...


My beautiful table was easy to set-up and I did it mostly with items I already had.  I did a bit of crafting using paint, and some thrifty-treasure bargain hunting, in pulling it all together too.  I purchased the faux leaves and they were the only other new expense, and that was only a couple dollars.  I think with just a few changes, I can easily take the look of my tablescape on into the Christmas holiday!    I'll enjoy this look for now though, or at least for a few more days.  We will see what I come up with next!



I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with Family and Friends, enjoying delicious food and good times together.







.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.