Potatoes - Oven Roasted




One of my favorite ways to cook potatoes is oven roasting them.  I have always liked fried potatoes, but let's face it, now it's all about trimming the fat and eating more healthy foods.  I first made oven roasted potatoes during the winter time, and of course having the oven on is a plus when it's cold outside.  I have a toaster oven and it gets used often for a variety of foods.  Now that Hubster and I are empty-nesters I use the toaster oven even more often since I am only cooking for two most of the time.  Also even if it's warm outside the toaster oven doesn't heat the kitchen like the my regular oven often does. 

(back to the oven roasted taters) I made these for dinner tonight and remembered how much I really enjoy them, he does too, so I decided to add my recipe for those who might be interested and would enjoy a healthier version that tastes like fried potatoes.  I like the simplicity of these potatoes, with easy preparation and clean-up too.  I prefer the small red new potatoes and I like to add a little diced sweet onion often too.  I find it easiest to cut the potatoes into bite sized chunks rather than slices, so I can sit the pieces up on their skins.  This helps with less sticking, less turning them, and more even browning on the cut potato part.  I cover the broiler pan with foil, this makes for easy clean-up after cooking too!




Prepared and ready for the oven.


Roasting in the toaster oven.


Finished and golden brown.









I think I could eat this everyday!


~ Oven Roasted Potatoes ~

  1. 6-8 small/medium red potatoes chopped - (for two servings)
  2. 1/2 c. diced onion
  3. 2 tbsp. olive oil
  4. seasoned salt
  5. garlic powder
  6. onion powder
  7. black pepper



Place potatoes and onions on foil lined broiler pan, coat with oil and seasonings, toss to coat well and then place in 400 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden brown.  Serve or keep warm in lower oven temperature for a few minutes.





Enjoy...









.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.