Taco Seasoning - Homemade



I found myself in a pinch for taco seasoning since I had forgotten to pick some up at the store.  I was all prepared or so I thought, to make taco salad.  I usually use the taco seasoning in the paper packets(doesn't everyone?).  With always having several different spices and seasonings on hand, I figured I had all the ingredients in the cupboard and that I could probably manage a close enough copy to the package type.


I found my homemade version to be very tasty, I really liked it and this recipe will be what I'll use from now on.  Also I can feel better about it too, since I know exactly what is in it!  I like that I can I make it fresh when needed and I think it even looks more appealing too.









~Tammy's~
Taco Seasoning 


Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. chili powder
1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp. salt


Directions:
Mix all ingredients together.  Use 1 to 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning mixture per pound of meat, or to your taste.  Place taco seasoning mixture in an airtight container to store.




Enjoy!...



.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.