Mini Crust-less Quiches


In my pursuit of something different for breakfast I was considering making an omelet, then I started thinking about quiches.  I remembered having a delicious quiche at a baby shower some time ago, but neglected to obtain the actual recipe from the hostess.  That particular quiche she said she had made with sausage, onion, several different cheeses, and heavy cream as I recall, also it had a nice pie crust.  Probably had a lot of calories too!      

My preference was to make a lighter version, a quiche that would taste great and just maybe leave me feeling less guilty after eating it.  First I went looking for what I had on hand.  I decided on a crust-less quiche since the crust is not really necessary and is extra calories.  I also decided to make mini quiches as that would be small individual servings.  I had eggs, bacon, a bag of shredded cheese, and an onion.  I would have used greens such as broccoli or spinach, since either one of those would be good and a healthy addition had I had them.  Oh well, next time!  I now have plans for making different combinations of these mini quiches in mind, and can't wait to give those a try.  




Just as I was about to dice up some of the onion I recalled having some French's-french fried onions, and that sounded even better!  I used eggs, crispy bacon pieces, a four cheese blend of shredded cheeses and a bit of crumbled French's-french fried onions for my mini quiches, and they were delicious and light with only those few ingredients.  So simple and easy to prepare, and didn't take a great deal of time to cook.  The Mister liked them too, and that is always a good thing!

As mentioned, there are endless possibilities for making these mini quiches.  The recipe is adaptable using different ingredients, cheeses and seasonings, and a little imagination.  These could also be made using egg substitute if you prefer that to real eggs. Mini quiches would be a great on-the-ready breakfast for house-guests and are perfect for serving for a brunch.  I believe the mini quiches would freeze well and could be re-heated for a quick on-the-go breakfast too!   


       
Mini Quiches



Ingredients:
Makes 6 Mini Quiches -or- Double ingredients for 12 Mini Quiches

4 large eggs
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled into small pieces
3 tbsp French's french fried onions, crumbled into small pieces
1/2 cup shredded cheese
non-stick cooking spray


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.  In a mixing bowl beat eggs and set aside.  Prepare muffin pan using non-stick cooking spray.  Sprinkle equal amounts of the cooked crumbled bacon into each muffin cup, then equal amounts of the french fried onion crumbles.  Carefully spoon the beaten eggs equally into each muffin cup.  Sprinkle cheese on top of each.  Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and fork inserted in center comes out clean.  Let stand for a few minutes then run knife around edges to loosen. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.




Egg-cellent!...




.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.