Broccoli & Apple Salad


I am a huge fan of broccoli, I love it!  Cooked or raw, steamed, roasted and covered in garlic...oh yeah, or put it in a salad and I am good with that, too!  Speaking of which, I did put it in a salad and loved what I came up with.  I am calling it Broccoli & Apple Salad, but, it is more than that!  Crisp broccoli, apples, and walnuts, along with dried cranberries and a bit of red onion, all blended together with a creamy dressing that gives it a sweet and tangy deliciousness!




One of the great things about salads is their versatility.  You can add this, take away that, and customize to your liking just what you 'like' in your version of the perfect salad.  This is a perfect salad for me!  I recommend giving my Broccoli & Apple Salad recipe a try or you can make changes that you feel will make it a perfect salad for you!  I would imagine there are some who may not choose all of the same ingredients I used for my salad, optional and various other ingredients give a new taste and appeal to each different salad combination.  It's all good!





Broccoli & Apple Salad


Ingredients:
4 cups fresh broccoli florets, (approx-2 medium heads)
2 medium red apples, chopped-(gala is my first choice)
1/2 cup walnuts, halves or chopped pieces, (or pecans)
1/4 cup diced red onion-optional
1/8 cup dried cranberries or raisins
-Dressing-
1/4 cup mayonnaise-(I like the olive oil mayo!)
1/4 cup greek yogurt, plain-or vanilla
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp sugar
dash of salt
dash of pepper

Directions:
Combine broccoli, apples, walnuts, onion and cranberries in a large mixing bowl.  Prepare dressing using remaining ingredients, mayonnaise, greek yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.  Add dressing to the salad and toss well to combine all ingredients.  Chill in refrigerator before serving.




Enjoy!...



.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.