Tammy's Daiquiri



My new cocktail!  My version of the Strawberry Daiquiri, but I use vodka, instead of rum.  
My Hubby named it after me, the
Tamuiri!





In keeping it lower in calories, I use Jordan's Skinny Mix - Strawberry Daiquiri, it is low calorie, with only 30 calories for 4oz., and less sugar than the regular types.  And, the addition of fresh or frozen strawberries kicks up the flavor.  Skyy Vodka is my first choice, or Kettle One Vodka.  I've also started using flavored vodka.  Pinnacle Kiwi-Strawberry.  It adds to the flavor nicely.  When I'm out at a restaurant I order a Strawberry Daiquiri, but ask them to make it with vodka instead of rum.


I used the directions from the back of the Jordan's bottle, but altered it as follows:

Directions:
In a blender combine 4 oz. of Skinny Daiquiri Mix with 1 or 2 oz. of  vodka.
Add two fresh or frozen strawberries.  Blend with 1 and 1/2 cups of ice until slushy.  
If not sweet enough add a packet of no-calorie sweetener.
Garnish with strawberry if desired. -or rim glass with sugar.

You can use the regular Strawberry Daiquiri mix and any vodka of choice for this as well.  Most mixes have the instructions for preparing on the back of the mix. 


Cheers, and Enjoy!
~Tammy~



.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.