Strawberry Delight


I just whipped up this delicious dessert for the Hubby and I this evening.  I think I could have had a second helping because it really was that good.  It looked so good that I just had to take a few photos, and I thought it was worthy of sharing.  A simple and easy dessert that is sure to please and one that looks as delicious as it truly is.

It took me less than five minutes to put this delicious dessert together.  Slices of angel food cake topped with sliced strawberries and a nice drizzle of melted chocolate, then topped off with whipped cream.  Sounds pretty good doesn't it?  Well, it definitely was!  You can impress your sweetie with this sweetie!  It's a delicious and light dessert, which is why I named it Strawberry Delight!  




Strawberry Delight


Ingredients:

angel food cake (I used a ready made cake from the grocery store) 
package of strawberries 
2 tbsp. chocolate chips or other melting chocolate (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1 tsp. vegetable oil  (I use this to thin the chocolate for drizzling)
whipped cream for topping - (optional)  (I used the type from a can)


Directions:

Slice angel food cake into serving sized pieces and place on plate.  Cut strawberries in half and then into slices.  Spoon sliced strawberries over the cake.  Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt chocolate in microwave approximately 1 minute, remove and stir in oil (this will thin the chocolate so it drizzles nicely), continue to stir until chocolate drizzles off of the spoon when lifted up above the bowl.  Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cake and strawberries.  Top with whipped topping.   


Slice angel food cake into serving sized pieces and place on plate.

Spoon sliced strawberries over the cake.

Drizzle with melted chocolate.

Top with whipped cream. (optional)




Enjoy!...






.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.