Easy DIY Display Shelf


I had this blank wall that needed a little something, a little love, a shelf!

So, with my plan in full-on mode, I got the hubby involved in the process by asking him ever so nicely to install it for me.   "This is what I want, and this is where I want it", I explained to him, as I showed him my plan.

I knew he would make sure the job was done correctly, and it would look nice when he finished.

Here it is all ready for its first display!




Got a blank wall in your home somewhere?  This is a great idea for any room, and if you don't have a fireplace or a mantel to decorate either, this could be just the idea or perfect solution for you.  Simply use a shelf for your holiday decorating instead.  Use it as a theme shelf to display holiday, seasonal, and special occasion decorations.

There are lots of possibilities with many different styles and sizes of shelves, and brackets available and they're easy to find at most home improvement stores, and craft stores.













  













I purchased the shelf, and shelf brackets from a local home improvement store.
The shelf I chose was white already, so I painted the natural wood brackets with what I had on hand, white chalk paint and a coat of clear wax to seal them, and it worked well.


The shelf is just over twenty three and half inches wide and about seven and half inches deep as you can see by the photo.  On my search for shelf brackets I was pleased when I spotted the wooden shelf brackets, because I liked the scroll design and knew I could paint them white to match the shelf.





An afternoon was all it took to get the brackets painted up and the shelf was ready for installation.





Hubs doing his finest precision-measuring in preparation of installing the shelf in just the right spot!  I leave this type of thing up to him, because I might have just slapped that up there haphazardly, only eyeballing it and it be all crooked, not level, and who knows what else.  Plus, admittedly I just can't compete with his engineer, perfectionist, and male mentality when it comes to stuff like this.  It's OK with me though!  Plus getting him involved makes it more of a team effort and insures that he likes it too!  

He placed two heavy duty wall anchors into the wall to hang the shelf brackets, and the shelf is just resting evenly upon the brackets.  A quick and easy installation!





The first display worked out nicely for featuring one of my Mother's Day gifts and cards.  I love the vase that my daughter gave me and she knew I would love it too.  It's so perfect with my favorite phrase 'Live Laugh Love' on it and filled with beautiful purple, and lavender colored flowers.  My Sis always remembers me on Mother's Day and she sent me a beautiful card.  I love that, and I sure love her too!







Now I have my new display shelf to decorate, and re-decorate as often as I like or want for different themes, seasons, holidays, celebrations and more.




Love my shelf...







.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.