Wishes and Thoughts for Mother's Day





As a Mom I learned the true meaning of sacrifice that my own Mother must have learned from her Mother.  "It takes one to know one" have never been truer words than that of a Mother.  I'm sure I can never express enough just how much that I am grateful for, and thankful to my Mom for, with all that she has given over the years.

Being a Mother has been the most rewarding and challenging accomplishment of my lifetime.  I couldn't be prouder of the two young women I raised who call me Mom.  I treasure their friendship even more today and the relationship we share as adults.  

Even though Mother's Day is a one-day holiday, every day is Mother's Day when you have someone who calls you Mom, and they add all the more to the joy of making you love being a Mom!


To all the Mother's in my life!  Most especially: My Mother, Mother-in-law, Daughter, Sister, Family and Friends!
Happy Mother's Day!


***


I gave myself an early gift for Mother's day of new flowers and planted them in my garden.  I spent most of this morning just sitting back and enjoying all that I had worked on the past week, and how beautiful all the flowers look.


This Salvia is a beautiful purple color, I love how it seems delicate but strong at the same time.  Much like a Mother!  





These beauties were a happy surprise that I spotted at the garden center.  I've never before seen, or heard of the flower Soprano, but I will remember this like a song.  
I like that this flower looks kind of like daisies, but only better if you ask me, since I'm loving the purple centers!






This gorgeous red beauty is a Mandevilla, the color is Cabernet ...the wine lover in me is loving that!
It had MandeVino-Cabernet on the label.  I'm hoping the hummingbirds appreciate my adding this to the garden, and they will visit for my joy and entertainment!

  



Two of my favorites, the Salvia and Mandevilla.  I like them as potted plants and the look of them side-by-side! 





I also planted the Soprano in a pot, to raise it up, and added a back-drop of Clematis vine for the trellis.   The Lariope is a favorite perinnial I use throughout the yard since it is great as a ground cover and potted plant, and it flowers pretty purple spikes later in the summer.   


***



I look forward to more changes to come to this area as some of the new plantings and vines fill out. 


Just a glimpse of a day in my garden.



Wishing you a most Beautiful and Happy Mother's Day!...




.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.