Chicken Wraps - with Avocado, Cheese, Spinach and Basil


These chicken wraps are a satisfying meal anytime, whether for lunch or dinner, they are so quick and easy to make.  I enjoy finding new and interesting ways for adding spinach to my diet.   This is one way that I do that.  I like to make these chicken wraps for lunch or even as a quick snack.  I try different variations, but this one is the basic overall favorite.  I often use the Ole whole wheat tortilla/wraps instead of flour tortillas, I like that they are a lower carb and low calorie alternative.  I love avocados so they are a must-have when I make these wraps.  I prefer the shredded cheese blend of cheddar and monterey jack, and for added heat the mexican blend with pepper jack is good too! 





*** *** ***




Chicken Wraps - with Avocado, Cheese, Spinach and Basil


What you will need:
chicken breast, cooked, diced
avocado, thinly sliced, and/or mashed
soft tortillas
cheese blend, shredded
spinach leaves, or use any lettuce
basil leaves
yogurt dressing/caesar dressing

Optional additions:
thinly sliced-
green pepper
cucumber
onion
tomato

How to prepare the wrap:
Spread avocado down the center of a soft tortilla, add chicken, spinach and basil leaves on top of the avocado, also down the center.  Add cheese, then drizzle on dressing.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Fold one edge of the tortilla over the ingredients, then roll up tightly, can slice or leave whole, then serve.





Enjoy!...






.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.