A New Shade of Roses



I'm  loving the new look of what was a plain little lamp, with what I did to the shade.  
   



I added roses that I made using crepe paper!

I think it is lovely, and the paper roses are super cute too.



...__________________...



While searching for new lamp shades, I found a few photos of pretty lamp shades decorated with roses.  I was thinking these would be pretty or even add a romantic touch for a bedroom, also they would be so cute in a little girls room too.

Then I was quite surprised by the price of them.  


This rose covered pretty from Pottery Barn was $99, just for the shade!



They also had these that were $59 for the shades only.



Wow!  That was certainly more than I wanted to spend.


...___________________...



I came across this flower craft idea from Country Living for a lamp shade decorated with silk flowers.  I thought, how cute is that, and what a great idea?!  I'm a crafty gal, I could just make one myself!  Although silk flowers can be costly, if luck would have it that the roses be on sale at the craft shop, this might not cost so much to make.  

My crafty mind was making plans!


...__________________...



Then I started thinking about the paper roses I had recently learned how to make.  Hey, that would work and talk about inexpensive too in comparison.  That would also be a great idea, and would look pretty as well!



...__________________...



I liked the shape of this cute lamp shade I got from a department store for $9, the lamp was $7, and the crepe paper was a $1 for two rolls from the dollar store.  So my cost was way less than the other shades alone.


I got busy making some crepe paper roses, you can see how I made them here.  I decided not to cover the entire shade, so I made larger ones for around the bottom and smaller ones for around the top.  I used hot glue to attach the roses to the lamp shade.  


...__________________... 

I think it's a lovely lamp now!



I really like the new look.  It is a "new shade of roses."



I just may have to make more in a different colors...




.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.