Saving Money the "Wholesale" way










Do you have a wholesale club membership?


I do, I have a Costco membership.  I re-new it every year.  But, I have to admit to not using it as much as I should.  I do always ask myself after I have been shopping there, "Why don't I go there more often, or even regularly?"  Honestly, it's that although I have two locations that are both about the same distance from me, they are about a half-hour drive away.  I have the other big name warehouse store right around the corner from me, but I do prefer Costco.

*** *** ***

My friend Clark Howard, well, he isn't my personal, actually ever met him friend.  But, he is dear to me just the same.  You see if you don't know who he is, he's the go-to-guy to listen to when he has something good or even not so good to share.  He offers tips and helpful information, whether it's about something you need or need to check-out, something to steer clear of, or something you must have.  I first learned of him on our local news.  
You can follow Clark Howard on his website if you like, and on other social media from there.

The reason I made mention of him is because recently, Clark featured an article that got my attention, "9 Items That Will Pay For Your Costco Membership," originally written and shared on saveoutsidethebox.com.  After checking it out, I asked myself again, "Why don't I go there more often?"  It's really a no-brainer.  Saving money is always a motivator, or at least it should be!

Tires, gas, movie tickets, luggage, rotisserie chicken, pizza, were some of the items listed.  
One might never have thought to purchase tires at Costco.  I read that they often offer $70 to $80 off certain brands, along with free tire balancing and rotation, plus free flat repairs.  And, they do stand behind everything they sell and offer a money-back guarantee.

Speaking of guarantee, Costco offers a free refund for the full cost of the membership fee if you're ever dissatisfied with your membership, at any point.   There's plenty of savings to be had with the basic membership - the Gold Star Membership - but those who shop there more frequently can benefit even more with the Executive Membership and earn an annual 2% reward or more!  My daughter and her husband validated this bit of info since they know first hand by getting reward checks from Costco.  They are huge Costco shoppers, and fans!

Among the list of nine items was also wine.  That's always an attention getter for me.  I do love wine, and saving money when buying it is definitely a plus.  I have scored some great deals on wine when shopping there before.  I learned there is even a blog featuring all their wine at costcowineblog.com, how cool is that?  I have that link bookmarked in my favorites now for sure!

I never knew you could save money on movie tickets at Costco.  I'll also be checking out that deal.     

I have gotten some fantastic deals at Costco.  One deal in particular is a nice camera the Hubby got me last Christmas (along with a little help from me picking it out, and also from my SIL who saw the deal and shared it with me).  I realized the savings on that purchase alone covered my membership fee for last year!

All this great info has me wondering even more about what all I'm really missing out on, along with getting my membership fee covered via the savings!  I hadn't quite looked at it like that before, and now I'm thinking of the money I could, or should be saving!        


I'm off to Costco to see what latest and greatest bargains are available!...


   



.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.