"How do I do it? ...What's my secret?"

I have been asked, time and again, "How do I do it?  What is my secret for making, creating, or doing something, and making it look so easy?"

Well, are you ready for the BIG secret?
...Honestly, there isn't one.
I'm often surprised by the question.  I really don't think I'm any different from anyone else.

And, I will say this... For me, my thought is "it doesn't always have to be perfect!"




Maybe it's just me, but I often feel that if I like "it," then that is what matters.  However, don't get me wrong, of course if I'm making something for someone else, I certainly want them to like it, love it and be happy with it, always!

But generally speaking - when I make something for myself - it's about what "I" like and pleasing "me."  Then, if it also pleases someone else or is to their liking, that's all the better!  I'm always happy to have someone else like what I have done and acknowledge their appreciation of it, and compliment my work.  It's like the icing on the cake.


I often feel that most things that I do or create, are easy, and that's why I share them with others, thinking that if I can do it, so can they!  I enjoy creativity, and I certainly enjoy the gratifying satisfaction that comes with a job well done.  Whether crafting something or in decorating my home, I love the art of it all.  It's something I have always been drawn to.

I've definitely had failures and I have also enjoyed successful outcomes.  I've felt as if a project was approaching being a total disaster but continued with it and then benefited from the final result by loving it.  But, believe me not everything goes as planned, or may not have even had an original plan to begin with.  "Winging it" can have advantages, too.  I am the type of person who will just give it a go, or try it out.   I'll take a chance or dabble at it, and if "something" is not for me, well, just maybe it isn't then.  I can either except that and move on, or I can try, try again.  And, I truly believe having a good attitude, making it fun and enjoying what I am doing, makes all the difference, as well!

Hey, just remember this, "don't sweat the small stuff!!"   Now let's go create something!







A creative mind is always busy!...







.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.