Tammy's - Lemon Breeze


As the summer temps are rising it makes one thirsty and it adds to the need to quench a thirst all the more. Sometimes you need a good cocktail or adult beverage to do that too.  So when happy hour rolls around I've got a real treat to enjoy!   Are ya thirsty?  Well, I have a saying, one that you've no doubt heard before ..."It's five o'clock somewhere!"



Summer wouldn't be complete without some refreshing lemonade.  Lemons just go so well with summer and sunshine don't they?  And their beautiful color is a perfect sunny yellow.  When I found myself wanting a refreshing "adult" beverage I started thinking about spiked hard lemonades and lemon drop martinis.  Another favorite of mine is Limoncello, and I keep it in the freezer so it is a very refreshing, ice cold sipper to enjoy anytime.  

A great idea came to mind when I was thinking about a sparkling drink as I thought that sounded so refreshing.  It was then that it came to me, why not try a lemon drink with a new twist?  A twist of all the things I mentioned and a twist of lemon too!  I wanted to keep it simple, but wanted it to be special so I basically added a bit of each and came up with my new favorite lemon adult beverage.  The Lemon Breeze!  Refreshing as a breeze on a summer afternoon!

Just a few ingredients needed for this delicious beverage.  Lemon Drop Mix, Limoncello, Sparkling Water, and Vodka.  I used my regular vodka, but lemon flavored vodka would be good also.  I've noticed there sure are a lot of flavored vodkas out there these days.  I've only tried a couple flavors, but I need to give a few other flavors a try soon too.  

If you don't have Lemon Drop Mix, Sweet and Sour would probably work also.  You could rim the glass with sugar for an added sweet treat, and a sweet presentation too.  Of course you can add more or less with any of the ingredients or liquors.  Such as, if you don't like Limoncello, leave it out.  That's a great thing about being your own bartender, make it the way you like!
  


Lemon Breeze 



Ingredients:
1 oz vodka
1 oz limoncello
1 oz lemon drop mix, sweet and sour, or use simple syrup and squirt of lemon juice
sparkling water, plain or lemon  flavored, or lemon-lime soda
sugar to rim glass
lemon slices for garnish


Directions:
(To sugar rim glass, rim glass with lemon or water then turn glass over and dip in sugar.)
Pour  vodka, limoncello, and lemon drop mix in shaker with ice.  shake well, then pour into glass over ice, add sparkling water to top off, and lemon slice garnish.


    Enjoy!...




.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.