Jalapeno Popper Dip


This dip is amazingly good, and is reminiscent of jalapeno poppers, hence the name.  A creamy, cheesy, spicy delicious dip that is sure to please.  I had made note of a dip recipe sometime ago and wanted to put my own spin on it, and give it a try.  I had forgotten about it until I started planning my holiday foods list and stumbled upon it in my recipe notes.  This was another great choice to serve with my other holiday foods at that time.  I just made this yummy dip again over the past weekend and since I hadn't taken photos of it before, I did capture some this time and wanted to share them and the recipe!

I think I could actually eat my weight in this stuff.  It really is that good!  I love this dip, it's creamy, cheesy, spicy goodness.  If you like hot and spicy, this is definitely going to be something you will enjoy.  If you don't, you can back off the jalapenos called for in the recipe and it would be good too, maybe even try using canned mild chilies instead?  I didn't have any complaints at all from anyone that tried this.  In fact everyone really enjoyed it.  I get requests to make it again, and again!



Jalapeno Popper Dip


Ingredients:
3  8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise or light mayonnaise
1-1/2 cups 4 cheese mexican blend cheese, shredded or cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 or 4 heaping tbsp diced jalapeno peppers or 4 to 6 fresh jalapenos-deseeded(seeds make it very hot)
1/4 cup of real bacon bits or 4 slices of crispy cooked bacon-diced
1/2 tsp onion powder or 1 tsp diced fresh onion


Topping:
1 cup of crushed ritz crackers
1/2 cup parmesan cheese - finely grated-the type from a can
1/2 stick of butter, melted


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Prepare an oven safe dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise.  Add all of the other ingredients into the mixing bowl and stir together well. Spread into a baking dish, dip should be about an inch thick. Thicker dip will require longer time to cook.
Finely crush up the ritz crackers (I place them into a zip-lock baggie and smash them).  Mix crushed crackers, the parmesan cheese and melted butter together to form topping. Sprinkle topping evenly all over the dip.  Bake for 20-30 minutes of until bubbly and warmed through, and topping is slightly browned. Serve with ritz crackers for dipping, or other crackers or tortilla chips.


Spread into baking pan.


Add topping.


Bake until golden brown and bubbly.


Serve with crackers or tortilla chips...It will disappear quickly!



Enjoy!...




.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.