Gravity was not my friend!


Ah yes, there's that moment, you know when you put on a show for your loved ones by giving a very real and true meaning to the term "busting your a$$", and then you know they really are very concerned that you are ok, but all the while they are trying so hard not to laugh at you! Yep that moment?  Uh huh...I just owned it, and I'm pretty sure I'll be remembering it for a long...ouch don't touch it!



Was feeling swell 
before I fell,
gravity was not my friend.

Was not so proud 
of what I screamed out loud,
as I busted my rear end.

The unrepeatables I'd spoken
'cause I'm sure something I'd broken,
would certainly offend.

Now I'm so very sore
everything is such a chore,
I really hurt, I won't pretend.

I will remember that pain
as I hope not to ever fall again.
It may take a while to mend.

I'll pray to feel well
with regret that I fell,
for relief will be a godsend.

Then that memory I'll always have, 
as I look back and laugh,
whenever I remember that it happened.




I put together that  little poem to make me feel better perhaps, and to explain with a little humor I suppose.  
While laying around trying to feel better (and also trying to not feel sorry for my self), the words came to mind.  Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, and I do that all too well!  I took a tumble while we were just about to leave the park, after taking the pups for a swim.  There are many exposed tree roots of various sizes everywhere.  I let one trip me up causing me to fall backwards where I landed on a another large root and landing right on my left, [uhem] buttock!  Uh huh...Ouch!  Make that major Ouch!  I have a huge, I mean HUGE black bruise-(about the size of my hand) there.  Words can not describe my pain, and the after pain has been worse yet for the past few days.  It's been quite difficult and painful to get up and down.  I've been feeling very sore and have to say "I feel like I was hit by a truck, a semi-truck!"   I think I'll be recovering for a while...My pride is recovering too! 

I'll just keep saying to myself for now..."This too shall pass!"
Oh and,
"Is it wine-thirty yet?"...
~ Tammy ~



.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.