Easy Handmade Pumpkins - No Sew!


I handmade these little pumpkins in only a few minutes time.  I think they are pretty cute!  Let me start off by stating that even if you think you can't make anything, or that you're not crafty, you CAN do this!  I've made some other styles of pumpkins similar to these before, and I mean it when I say "it really is easy, and anyone can do this!"  And hey, there's no sewing required!  Yesssss!



I put these little cuties together by using an old shirt, some craft wire, and for the stuffing I used leftover material and plastic grocery bags.  The great thing about making these is you can use just about any cloth material and make them in just about any color, and coordinate them with your decor.  That is why I used this material since it was bronze and gold, and I liked the stripes, too.  I thought it would work well in my decor.  I had everything on hand so technically it didn't cost me a thing to make them.

It seriously took me only a few minutes to put these cute little pumpkins together.  I think they're adorable!





I used an old shirt to make my pumpkins.  I cut off the sleeves and trimmed both of the ends so I had even edges on both ends, forming a tube.  I turned the sleeve wrong-side-out, gathered one end and used a twist-tie to tightly close it, like you would for a loaf of bread.  Next I turned it right-side-out.  At this point it looked more like a little bag that was gathered at the bottom, the twist-tie no longer visible on the outside.  Using left over material and plastic grocery bags I then stuffed the inside until I got the round pumpkin shape I wanted.






I cut a length of wire approximately 8 inches long and set it aside.  I then gathered the top of my newly formed pumpkin and gave it a little twist.  I centered the piece of wire and used it to gather around the top closing it tightly, also like the twist-tie I used on the bottom and like closing a loaf of bread.  I used a craft stick about the size of a pencil to wrap the left-over wire on both sides to form the curls in the wire.  






After the wire on both sides had been curled I prepared the stem.







Using more wire directly from the spool I began wrapping the top, twisting as I went along, to form the stem.  I tried to keep the wire close and also snug each wrap around.  When I had the stem length I wanted, I wrapped back down a little ways and then cut the wire.  I trimmed off the rest of the material above the wrapped wire.

Using more wire directly from the spool I made a couple wraps around the bottom of the stem, and then wrapped around the pumpkin a few times evenly spaced to form the sections in the pumpkin.  I then wrapped the wire around the bottom of the stem to secure in place before cutting the wire.  And that's it!


***


If you really think that was too complicated, and want to do even less to create a pumpkin, check this out!...


For this pumpkin I simply used the back portion from the shirt and cut a nice sized piece, then pulled the edges up and then tucked them into a ...wait for it ...roll of toilet paper!  Ha!  Now that was pretty simple!  I pulled a little bit of the material back out to form the stem, then used wire to wrap around it and also to make the curls, as I did on the previous pumpkins.






It took only about 15 minutes to create all three pumpkins.  I really like easy projects like that!





Here's another style of pumpkin I created recently.  This is my oh-so-soft and oh-so-simple handmade pumpkin!  A microfiber cloth from the dollar store, filled with plastic shopping bags, then gathered, wrapped and tied with twine, and a wrapping of ribbon formed the stem.


And, another of my previously handmade pumpkins tutorial can be viewed here.






Happy crafting!...






.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.