Lingering in Fall - Fall Decor


Hello November!  I can't help but say, "time flies, and it doesn't seem as if it should be November already!"  



I am lingering in Fall for now, even through all the temptation of beautiful Christmas decor I've been viewing and seeing, both on the internet and in the stores.





I love this table in our upstairs hallway, and enjoy changing the look with different accessories.  I styled my table for fall, using neutral colors and some natural elements.  I'll admit I can walk by it and get an idea to change and tweak it about everyday.  One of the things I really like about low-cost decorating is the "shop my home" before buying anything new method.  

And speaking of buying.  Some items here are thrifty treasures purchased at the thrift or antiques market.  The shutters, the mirror, and the lamps/candlesticks with lampshades-(a decorating trick of mine.)  I have a passion for anything gold and bronze, and really like using them together.  I enjoy using a mix of items that I love!  I'm not ready to let go of fall just yet, or those sweet little pumpkins! 



My crystal clock adds a touch of elegance mixed with the natural pine cones and the mini pumpkin.  The clock is a reminder that we'll be setting the clocks back this weekend,  Dark-thirty is what I call it when it gets dark earlier!  It's an adjustment that we must accept and go with.  Like it or not!  




It's all about balance, so on the other side of the table I added some glass items, the jar filled with bits of nature and the cut-glass candle holder perched upon a natural wooden candlestick.  Another pine cone and mini pumpkin too.




I tried my hand at using an old paperback book in my little vignette here.  An already torn cover made it easy for me to tear off the rest of the book's cover.  I simply wrapped the book with jute twine and tied it into a bow.  I liked the overall color, and the book also provided a 'lift' for my fall arrangement.  I'd seen a similar look using old books before and really liked it.  Talk about easy, low-cost decorating.




I tucked a pillow and a folded table runner into my bronze metal basket.  The folded end of the runner was draped over the front of the basket, while the end of the runner and its tassel were folded over the pillow.  So easy to create the look.  Some wheat and corn husk bunches tucked in behind a pretty sunflower add a little more interest, and fall goodness.




Ahh!  There's that sun I was looking for earlier while taking photos of this area.  I like the neutral, yet warm and natural feel of this look.   I'm going to enjoy it a while longer, before getting into Christmas decorating mode.




Happy Decorating!...








.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.