Hello Fall! Hello October!


It feels like Fall is getting here. We had a beautiful last day of September yesterday.  I can't believe it's October 1st already!


Pumpkins are a sure Fall statement. I'm adding some Fall touches and these sweet pumpkins I transformed.
I love the neutral toned pumpkins and Fall decor available these days.  Some of those pumpkins can be a bit over priced or hard to find just the right ones!  I gave some inexpensive orange pumpkins a makeover using chalk paint.  They're much more to my liking and more my style now.  Such an easy way to change their appearance!




I used two different colors of chalky finish paint by Americana Decor, Everlasting, and Timeless.  I liked that the Everlasting was white, and the Timeless was beige.

I painted on the beige color first, then let it dry completely.  After the paint dried I dry brushed (minimal amount on paint on the brush) on a layer of white paint.  Before the white paint had completely dried I wet sanded it, (-simply meaning, wipe away some of the wet paint) on the raised areas, leaving some paint in the recesses and creases.  I like the look it gave the pumpkins.
Typically I would use wax after painting, but chose not to use the wax on these, because I liked the chalky look.   It's hard to imagine that these pumpkins were once bright orange with green stems.

It was so simple to do, and just took a little of my time one afternoon.



I love the magic of paint!






.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.