Holiday Candles - easy DIY
~Fancy Faux Candles~


I love decorating for the holidays.  My favorite time of the year to make changes to my decor and also the perfect time to get crafty.  For this Christmas holiday I went with mostly gold and green, and lots of sparkle.  I knew I wanted my faux candles to be part of the decor so I gave them some pretty touches to dress them up for the holidays.

It's so easy to change the look of plain faux/battery operated candles.  It's one of my favorite DIY/craft projects because it is so easy, very inexpensive, and there are many options to choice from when adding different elements to create a new look for them.




I like including my faux candles in my home decor, they are items I already have on hand, are useful and practical, and I can change the look of them to add to any holiday, theme, or color scheme so easily, and it's not expensive to do so.  


This project really couldn't be any easier.  In just a few minutes time I had those plain faux candles looking fancy and festive!  I believe I spent more time deciding on what ribbons to use.


   
I used two different gold sparkly ribbons, and gold bead chain.  I placed the first layer of wide ribbon around the candle and held it in place with scotch tape, then tied the next ribbon on and into a simple bow.  I often like to point-cut the tails of the bow.  It's easy to do, simply fold a tail in half and cut at an angle upwards from the outside edges is all it takes.  Lastly, I tucked in a length of bead chain, looped in half, just behind the bow.  






They look just perfect next to some of my other Christmas decor and they add nicely to the sparkle, during the day and by night with the glow of the candle light!  Just three added elements took the faux candles from plain to fancy.





I recently decorated another pair of faux candles, these I used for my Fall decor.  Once again I used gold sparkly ribbon, and for these I added miniture pine cones.  I decided to also use these decorated candles for my Christmas holiday decor too.  They work well for the holidays, and I wanted to continue to display them since I really liked how they turned out.

A little ribbon and added embellishment makes my faux candles a favorite decorating item, and an easy craft.    



Happy Crafting!...



See more Christmas Decor:




.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.