Cheesy, Macaroni and Cheese!

When it comes to comfort food anything cheesy gets my vote!  If you love macaroni and cheese [and who doesn't?] you should definitely give this recipe a try.  Once I learned of this macaroni and cheese recipe I could not wait to get the ingredients to make it myself.

I'll admit that I took a bit of a risk in making this for the first time to serve for a little gathering with my family, with the hope that it would be every bit as good as it sounded and appeared to be.  I'm pleased to say that it did not disappoint, and was in fact a huge hit!  I'll certainly have this recipe on the list for future gatherings, especially since my family loved it and so did I.  It was a shining star at that -little family gathering- our Thanksgiving dinner!




I will confess to having loved a certain famous store-bought brand of frozen macaroni and cheese.  It has typically been my go-to mac and cheese since my family and I have always enjoyed it so much, it has a homemade taste, and it's so easy to prepare by simply putting it in the oven or microwave.

Well, now this macaroni and cheese has become the new favorite, topping that store-bought one for me, and my family too.  Yep, I'm ditching our former favorite for this delicious macaroni and cheese ...it's that good!  And, I can feel even better about it being homemade.  Plus it's very simple to make.

I baked my macaroni and cheese in the oven, although the recipe stated that it can be cooked in a slow cooker.  I had other foods cooking in the oven anyway that day, so I prepared it using a 9x13 pan, and it was perfect.

This Macaroni and Cheese is some serious cheesy goodness.  Plenty of cheese in it, and a layer of cheese on top too, all golden-brown and bubbly.  C H E E S Y!  It's the perfect special occasion or holiday dish.  Make this at least once and see for yourself.  My bet is you'll love it too!




Macaroni and Cheese



Serves: 8-10
Ingredients

8 ounces cooked elbow macaroni (I only cooked it for half the time on the box)
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
1-1/2 cups whole milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
2 large eggs, beaten
2 (8-ounce) bricks sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (about 5 cups)
Dash of paprika

Directions

Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and add macaroni, evaporated milk, whole milk, butter, salt, pepper, and beaten eggs.
Stir in all but ½ cup of the cheese.  Spread mixture evenly in pan.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and then sprinkle with paprika.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.

Notes:
This recipe can also be cooked in a slow cooker - Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray, add the mixture per instructions above, then cover and cook on LOW heat for 3 hours 15 minutes.

It may also work well adding in uncooked macaroni in instead of the partially-cooked macaroni.  Although, I have not tried this method, yet.



Enjoy!...



Recipe adapted from: food network recipes




.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.