Crock-pot Mashed Potatoes



The first time I made Crock-pot Mashed Potatoes using my crock-pot/slow cooker I was hooked and quickly said "I'll never make mashed potatoes any other way!"  So easy and so delicious.  Seriously the easiest and best way to make mashed potatoes!



I had just made Crock-pot Mashed Potatoes for my family, and after having told other family members and friends about how easy they are to make, and how delicious, I was then asked for the recipe.  Sometimes I tend to cook using an -a bit of this and a bit of that- method, and measurements are more of a guesstimation, as it is with this dish.  So, I put together a recipe, it can easily be tailored and tweaked, and additional ingredients can be added.

I simply tossed chopped red potatoes into a greased crock-pot, placed the lid on and cooked them until tender, then I added some butter, milk, salt and pepper, and mashed everything all together.  That's about it basically!  I used my small crock-pot [pictured above] for the recipe below, I would double the recipe and use a large crock-pot for a larger serving. 

I really love that these crock-pot mashed potatoes are practically no-fuss, require only a little attention, and are much less mess then the old way I use to make mashed potatoes, and these are far better than any boxed type.  It's one less thing to worry about when preparing a meal, especially when it is a large gathering like Thanksgiving or during the Holidays.  And just one pot to cook and serve in, too!

I hope you will give this method a try, and you will also see that it really is the easiest and best way to make mashed potatoes.




Crock-pot Mashed Potatoes


4-6 servings

Ingredients:
2 lbs red potatoes, chopped -skins on is my preferred method
1/2 to 1 cup whole milk, cream, or half and half
4 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper


Optional Ingredients:
fresh minced garlic or shallots
fresh parsley finely chopped
dried herbs -basil, oregano, thyme parsley
sour cream or plain yogurt
grated cheese-cheddar, monterey jack, parmesan
cooked bacon bits or pieces


Directions:
Add chopped potatoes to a greased crock-pot/slow cooker.  Do NOT add water!  Cover with lid and cook on high 2-3 hours, or on low 5-6 hours.   When fork tender, add butter, milk, salt and pepper.  Mash with a masher or use electric mixer.  Add any optional ingredients, combine well.  
No need to mash completely, leave a bit of texture to the potatoes.  Leave at low on the ready in the crock-pot until ready to serve.  Serve as is, or with gravy, cheese, bacon, sour cream or other toppings.




Enjoy!...






.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.