Wooden Pumpkin Sign - makeover.



I transformed a thrifty, discounted, wooden pumpkin sign into a piece of art to display on my door, by giving it a makeover using chalk paint!




While at the grocery store I took a moment to look through some discounted fall items located on their seasonal isle, I came across a wooden sign, among the other items.  I wasn't really in love with it at first glance, but the three-dollar price had me giving it another look.  My thoughts of planning a makeover for it had me quickly deciding it just might be worth the purchase and so I grabbed it up.




I liked the pumpkin shapes, the metal leaves and bells, but the burlap with the word HARVEST printed on it, not so much!





A bit of tugging, pulling, and some cutting had it down to a bare surface in short order.  A little sanding with fine grit sandpaper had it free of any glue residue, smooth, and ready for some paint.





I was going for a neutral look, since that is more my style, and has been my theme this year for fall.  With my stash of paint to the rescue, I gave it a base layer using white chalk paint, followed by a paint technique I used by applying another color of chalk paint called-timeless, and wiping it off slightly with a damp paper towel.





I kept at it until I had the look I wanted, and it looked like a pumpkin.  Uh, make that four pumpkins!




I have to admit that I kind of fell in love with it after it was all finished.  I was considering adding some letters to it, maybe spell out "Fall" or something?  But, for now, I like it just the way it is!










.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.