A Touch of Spring Decor


It is starting to feel a bit more like Spring around here, and it certainly looks like it outside.  I am enjoying seeing all of the beautiful Spring flowers, and also the trees that are changing daily with their beautiful show of budding glory!

Now that it is Spring I wanted to freshen my decor by adding a little touch of Spring to my home.




I began by simply adding some white tulips to a glass vase and placing them in front of the window.  Even though the tulips are not real, they do add a nice touch of Spring!  

The little white, ceramic bird was a very sweet find, as was the fifty-percent off sale that convinced me both the tulips and the bird should come home with me.  The bird contains a sachet of potpourri, and smells lovely like spring flowers.  I doubled up on the tulip bouquets with them being two for the price of one!  I love a good a bargain! ...couldn't pass up this one for around eight dollars total for both the silk tulips, and the sweet little bird.

With decorating I find it is best to go with what you love!  Be happy with what makes you happy in your surroundings.  I tend to go with naturals and neutrals.  I'm not afraid of color though, I just like soft muted tones these days.   





I also did a bit of re-arranging and editing on my baker's rack.  It is always fun to find new ways to display items on it that I love!  I often shop my home for ideas and inspiration for what to display.  And, when I get something new I like to showcase it, too.  I created the cute little topiary a couple of days ago, I'll share more details on that later.


I like the light and bright feel that the white and cream adds against the dark contrast of the bronze iron of the baker's rack.  I think the whole look is soft to the eye.   Fresh like Spring!  I also like the way the light bounces off the glass pieces, and the hint of color from the green and gold adds just enough color for me!





I enjoy being able to change and edit the look of my decor.  I'll probably walk by here in a day or two and add or take away from what you see here.  It's what I do.  And, why I love decorating!

I'm off now to see what other touches of Spring I can add to my home!  Have you caught the Spring fever yet?




I love my touch of Spring!...







.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.