Stylish Succulent Pot - DIY Jar Recycle


I think it's terrific that it has become so popular to recycle and repurpose items into home decor.   

I like finding new ways to use something in a new way.  

I do tend to hold on to glass jars these days.  
Just ask the hubby, he has actually gotten to where he asks me "Are you saving that for something?", when I have an item set aside and not in the actual recycling bin.  Thanks honey!

There's a myriad of ideas and inspiration out there for re-using glass jars.

Here's one that I put together!


This decorative jar-recycle project took a short amount of time to make and just a couple dollars was spent in the process. 

My clean jar is strikingly similar to the salsa jar above, and previously contained the same delicious contents.  I found the faux succulent in the 'Spring' sale area of Hobby Lobby and it was half-off, which was a real bargain at two-fifty!  It was originally (not)living in the little block pictured in the photo, and well, I just felt the succulent needed a better home!  And, as for the empty block no biggie, it is fine as a lift or platform for my candle for now!


A bit of my ever-handy and always useful jute twine wrapped around the jar lip and tied into a double bow, dresses it up in a casual sort of way.  The stones were on hand from a previous project, and were an inexpensive find a while back from the dollar store.  I carefully filled the jar with the stones, then added the succulent to the top and placed a few more stones around it to secure it in place.
Note: My jar was already clean and on the ready.  I prepare my jars by soaking them in hot soapy water overnight and the label is then easy to remove.  





This was my inspiration photo!








 I think I need a whole family of these now!  


Faux real!...









.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.