St. Patrick's Day - Food Ideas



Looking for a little 'green' to serve on St. Patrick's Day?   




While I am not planning on adding green food coloring to everything, I do have a few ideas that would work well for the day.  I have some green food ideas to serve, from appetizer to dessert, and even a beverage too!

If you're looking for naturally green foods, Spinach is a good choice.  Here are a few of my recipes using Spinach:



Spinach Salad,  is a tasty salad that is wholesome and good-for-you good!  It's one of my favorites.  This salad is great as is, but if you want to add more green, simply replace the blueberries with sliced or diced green apples, honeydew or kiwi.  You'll find a link to the recipe below this photo.





***


Summer Spinach Salad, it doesn't have to be summer to make this salad, and you can change the fruit ingredients if you prefer.  And, as I suggested above, sliced or diced green apples, honeydew or kiwi would be another green addition, and pecans or walnuts rather than almonds would go very well.  Or you could use cantaloupe, also strawberries or raspberries would be good in place of the watermelon as well.

Makes my mouth water when I see this salad, it's full of flavor!  You can get the link to the recipe below the photo, and you'll also find my basic Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette I used for this salad there too.




***


Sauteed Spinach is an easy and delicious dish.  I literally just threw this together once and it became a new favorite recipe to serve again and again.  I usually serve this as a side, but I could make this a main course and be totally happy with that.  Just reading the words for the description..."with bacon, caramelized onion and garlic", makes me want some right now!




***


I started thinking about a tasty punch my Mom use to make for parties, it was well liked by everyone.  I also made it a few times when my kids were younger, and also made some flavor variations of it.  Kids always like this punch, and it can be spiked for the adults if you so choose.  All you need is a few ingredients for the punch, oh and also vodka if you want to make it an adult beverage!  I call this tasty treat Lime Sherbert Punch, but I think for St. Patty's Day it should be...

Shamrock Lime Sherbert Punch

Ingredients:
one half gallon lime sherbert
one can pineapple juice
half two liter bottle of sprite or seven-up
vodka (can added to individual servings-1/2 oz or more per preference)

Directions:
Add all ingredients to a punch bowl stir to blend. Serve immediately.

Try this with tasty variations by using other sherbert flavors, orange, raspberry, pineapple, etc.
(The sherbert would probably have artificial color added)


***


I also found a few 'green' recipes from Kraft.

Another Spinach recipe.  I love Spinach!  This sounds delicious and would be a great appetizer.
Zesty Spinach Dip


How about stuffed peppers?  They're green!
Classic Stuffed Peppers


This one is minty, and green if you add food color to your recipe.
Grasshopper-parfaits


Need more green ideas?    Grapes are green, avocados, celery, cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, asparagus, green beans and green peppers too.  How about some lime flavored jello, or mint or pistachio ice cream for dessert?  Or a favorite of many, Key-lime pie, mmm!




 There you have it, green, green, and more green ideas for St. Patrick's Day!...






.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.