Fall Table Centerpiece


One of the inspirations for my fall home decor was my fall table centerpiece that I put together for my breakfast area table.  It set the tone for the direction I wanted to go with the overall feel.







I began with a pretty ceramic urn, a recent thrifty treasure purchase, I filled it with creamy faux hydrangeas.  I also tucked in other elements, the mini pine cones were the perfect touch to create a fall feel.  All of the items for my centerpiece I already had, with the exception of the sweet little green-ish cluster flowers.

A gold shimmer ribbon along with a brown contrasting ribbon also adds a nice touch, with both being tied around the urn, and into a simple bow.



I added a coiled-up pretty beaded garland to my favorite glass tray, and then placed the urn on the tray, centering it to make it the focal point.  I filled my glass tray with a combination of textures.  The natural texture of pine cones, leaves, corn husks, and pumpkins.

I just love those little faux pumpkins, and their color is just my style.  They came in a multi-pack of pumpkins in various sizes and colors from the craft store and purchased last year.  Although I didn't paint these I have painted several of the orange pumpkins either white or cream and now prefer their neutral appearance.  Painting some of my silk leaves with a wash of gold paint gave them a nice look and changed them from their previous bright orange.  And, they work well with the other faux leaves with the golden edges. 

Pine cones are easy for me to find, and collect, since I have them in abundance all year round in my yard.  The squirrels like to munch on them though, so I have to get to them before they're all chewed up.






The morning and afternoon sun fills this room with lots of light.  The pretty beaded garland adds a bit of sparkle, along with the glass tray, and as does the gold shimmer ribbon.  The light in the room adds to the sparkle!





My centerpiece was simple and easy to put together, it works well with the other decor in the room, and looks just right on my table.










.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.