Fall-2015 at Home




Today I'm sharing some of the changes I made to my home for fall.  Although I usually do love using lots of neutrals and naturals for the most part in my home decor, I have enjoyed adding in some warmer fall color.  I found a balance with using burnt-orange, rust, browns, bronze and golds.  I'll try to keep it short so you can enjoy the photos.



I made a few changes to our breakfast area.  So many of my favorite things on display here!








And, speaking of display, you may have seen my recent post for my "Fall Display Shelf."  I enjoy changing it up for the different seasons and holidays, too!

I dressed up my shutters below it by layering it with a framed, fall-colored flower photo, and a faux sunflower.  Try saying that fast a few times! ha!




My baker's rack is another of my favorites, and a favorite thing to dress-up with my favorite things!
The baker's rack is yet another place that I love to decorate.  Plus it plays back-up for storing items while not in use, bowls, serving dishes, trays, and so on.  It's  not far from my display shelf and the two can compete with each other, so I try to keep that in mind when accessorizing.



Over in front of the window is my side-table all decked out with more fall goodies of dressed-up pumpkins, a basket of apples, and some flowers.  Also two tall pillar candle holders, along with what I refer to as my "skinny demi-john" bottle, the three are recent thrift-store steal-of-a-bargain items.  Atop the candle holders are my dressed-up faux/battery-operated candles, they were an easy to do DIY project, and I just shared how to make them in this post a few days ago.





These lovely fall flowers and a pair of pine cones are front and center up on top of my baker's rack.



Pumpkins and golden acorns.  That says "fall!"




Some pine cones and a pumpkin over here, says "fall", too!

My Candlestick Lamp was a thrift-store find that I gave a much needed make-over using paint.  It goes so well with the fall colors!




Another thrift-store find was this bell-shaped candle holder, which I turned upside-down to create a cloche.  I sat it over a mini plant with pine cones, on top of one of my pretty gold rimmed saucers.



Family!  This is what life is all about, isn't it?  The best gift in life!  
~ Family like branches on a tree, we all grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.~  A sweet sentiment.  I love it, too!  

Oh, and by the way, I found this framed picture at the dollar-store last fall, yep, just a dollar!



  
More pumpkins!  Sweet little pumpkins, and teeny, tiny pumpkins.  I painted the cream colored pumpkins last year with craft paint, they were 'bright' orange originally!

I also painted the little round box beneath the pumpkin, it was once a plain embossed cardboard box originally, I also have a little square one which I also gave the same chalk paint treatment.  I like them as lifts for small items.





And, guess 'whoo' was also here last year?  Mr Owl!  He is so perfect for my home, anytime of the year!

He was a 'must-have' that I got from the At home store.  




And, another sweet sentiment, this one is about friends.  They do fill our soul with sunshine and our hearts with love.  Another gift of life along with family, is good friends!  

And, this is yet another dollar-store framed picture goodie!




My sweet handmade pumpkin!  In my quest to not purchase any new neutral or light colored pumpkins last year, I painted some and made some!  You can see how I made this one here, it was so easy!  





A wish for those in my home, as well as for others, too!  I hope you are blessed with much love and laughter!  



And, I hope you enjoyed my fall home decor!...



   









.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.