Easy DIY Candles ~ Dress Up Candles for Fall


I enjoy changing the look of my plain faux/battery-operated candles.  Fall is a great time to dress them up.  These pretty candles were so easy to do.  In keeping with my neutral color scheme I especially love their new look for fall. 





I added laced-burlap ribbon first, using enough to wrap it around the candle.  Next I cut a length of jute twine to tie around the ribbon and then tied the twine into a bow.  Then I simply tucked in a couple of small flowers behind the twine.  I chose not to use glue, because I like to change the candles and preferred to not make this a permanent change.  But glue could also be used to secure the ribbon and flowers. 




This is quick and it really is very easy to do.  And, it doesn't cost much, if at all.  I already had the ribbon, twine and flowers, so this wasn't any additional cost for me to dress-up my candles.  




I think they look so much better now than the plain candles that they were.  




Now they are all dressed up for fall!...




.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.