Feeling Fall - Fall Display Shelf


This past weekend certainly had us feeling Fall around here with the wet and cooler weather!  It was a bit of a constant drizzle actually!  I thought it was a perfect time for doing some Fall decorating.  My display shelf was a good starting point, so I gathered items I had been planning for my Fall theme.  And since it's October, now I can officially call it "Fall."




I added a little fall color to my shelf using only one new item, and everything else I either already had or were thrifty finds that cost very little.  I picked up the wreath a short while back at Hobby Lobby, thanks to one of those forty-percent off coupons!  I love its neutral feel and thought it was quite pretty on its own ...so I didn't want to cover it with decorations at this time.  My wooden leaf with acorns and bow, seemed just enough embellishment to simply dress it up.




Hanging the wreath from the frame using a ribbon suspends it as it hovers above the mini pumpkin that's flanked by little pine cones and amber colored ribbons.  The letter-M initial was once raw wood, prior to being my test piece for using chalk paint and waxes, it fits in well around here.  The candlestick and golden vase were thrift-store finds that were "meant to be mine" as I like to say, and the same for the faux book, I may have spent a total of around ten bucks for the three of them!  Gotta love those thrifty finds!




This all came together pretty quickly once I decided on the items to use and how I'd arrange them.
...This there, that there, no move that over there, now put this on top of that, and so on...



In keeping with my frugal mindset, especially when it comes to making seasonal decor changes, I did well with this Fall theme by not spending a lot of money (my favorite price range!).  I always enjoy sharing that it is possible to achieve that.  I am pleased with my Fall theme and I think it just might be my favorite display to date!   




I'll be sharing more of my Fall decor very soon!...








.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.