My Fall Kitchen - (ideas and inspiration)



Our kitchen is open to adjoining rooms, so I try to keep that in mind when putting a touch of seasonal or holiday decor in there.  First and foremost I want my kitchen to be practical and functional, but also it's fun to add a little touch of decor to change it up and make it less boring too.  I added little touches of fall by creating different vignettes around the kitchen.



Next to the stove are necessary condiments and utensils on-the-ready, with a touch of fall added.  Simply using Scrabble letters adhered with a bit of wall tack, along with mini pine cones, made a cute display sign on a small chalkboard.  Jute twine easily dresses things up for fall!  My pretty candle holder with faux candle, adds a nice glow here of an evening.



A fall wreath hung over a white plate, which I already had on the wall, adds a noticeable touch of fall.  The framed leaves, a project I put together last year, sits with sweet little pumpkins and a mini pine cone, adding more fall to this spot.




I've used this wreath in several different ways previously.  It can dress up a centerpiece, or table, instead of using it on the wall.




I used a pair of faux leaves and an inexpensive frame to create this simple fall photo.  Using what I already have always makes for easy decorating!  And, it doesn't cost a thing! 




Clear canisters make great additions to home decor, they can be found just about everywhere, often in various sizes and price ranges.  And, they can be used for so many different items.  Not just for edibles!  I like to change them out with different contents that reflect the seasons and the holidays too!  Doing so can add to a theme, or color scheme, as well.  I think I achieved a fall look with these!  Nuts anyone?




Even the top of my refrigerator gets a little attention with some fall decor.  I store non-everyday items in the cabinet above it, so I prefer to dress-up the top of the frig, rather than looking at the blank cabinet doors.  That area always seems to be *begging* for attention!  And, it's another blank canvas for me to work with.  Simple touches of fall in neutral colors gives it some attention.




This bar area is full of sparkle and shows-off some of my cut glass, and crystal pieces.  That's one of the things I love to collect!  I think the gold and glass go so well together, and I just love how all this sparkles, like jewelry.  I do love me some sparkle!




A little golden pumpkin that I painted recently, sits in my crystal bowl, and adds a simple touch of fall here, as well.




"An apple a day" as they say!  Apples don't last very long around here since I love them, but, in the meantime they easily add to the fall decor.  My 'apple' plate was a sweet find last year, adding the little chalkboard was an idea that I came up with while thinking of the phrase.  This is a delicious reminder to have my apple a day!




Over in front of my kitchen sink, I have this pretty view.  The flower arrangement is one of my favorites.  I like to add to it, and take away different items from it, in changing it's appearance.  And, it fits in well for most of my seasonal and holiday decor.  Plus, I love the bronze bowl I used for it!  The faux pumpkin is one I painted recently, I have it proudly on display.  I keep a candy dish sitting here on the ready for those moments when you're in need or simply must have a chocolate hug! ...'cause that's what chocolate is, it's a big ol' HUG!  The grands really like this candy dish, a lot!  Oh the lure of those "special treats!"      



This spot can be seen over across from my sink and is the entry to our family room, as well as the view from the stairs around the corner from the kitchen.  I used this tall vase previously on my fireplace mantel, one of a matched set, I added some items to the tall curly sticks giving it more of a fall look.  The feathers I found at hobby lobby, they were perfect for adding some fall.  A mini urn holds some fall goodies, and a trio of pine cones gave this area just enough fall detail.   

I hope you've enjoyed seeing more of my fall home decor, perhaps it will be a little inspiration, and will give you some ideas to use in your home.


I'll be back soon sharing my fall mantel!




Happy decorating!...






.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.