Let's build a Snowman!

Well, I'm feeling grateful that our winter weather, dare I say, hasn't been bad so far.  In fact it has been fairly warm for the most part.  Although it has been cold over the first week of our new year.   It seems that the true feel of winter here in our area is usually January-March, with an occasional snow, or extreme cold.  Snow!...I said the S word!  It will probably happen sooner than later!

Speaking of snow, we didn't have any snow during the Christmas holiday, but it didn't keep me from building a snowman.  I had a few people curiously ask me about the little snowman I featured in my Christmas Decor-2015 post, asking how I made it.  I hadn't thought about doing a tutorial for the snowman, however, with the current interest in it I wanted to share the details of what was used and show just how simple it was to put together. 


Here's my snowman on display in the corner of our kitchen.



I had mentioned that I used stove-burner covers to make my snowman.  I was pleased that it was so easy and that it turned out so cute.  It truly made me smile every time I looked at my snowman.


I used a couple of old stove-burner covers (I had hung on to), to make the snowman, one small and one large.  (Bless my hubby's heart for putting up with my "I might use those for something, so don't throw them away" mentality!)  I literally put my snowman together in just a few minutes with a few items.  I used a binder clip to hold the two body pieces together, clipping them at the edges on the back side.

The binder clip worked well so I moved on to planning what to use for creating a face. 



Magnets came to mind for the eyes and nose since the burner covers were metal.   I quickly found two for the eyes and and a smaller one for the nose.  I needed a hat and scarf now.  I bought the knit hat from the dollar store, and had the other items on hand already.



While wondering what to use for the mouth, a piece of yarn fell from the hat onto the face and it just looked like the perfect mouth shape, so I went with it and simply added a tiny bit of Thumb tack reusable putty to stick it on.  I couldn't believe my luck!





I used a mini plate holder to sit the snowman upright for displaying on my counter top.  I am sure I could have come up with another idea for hanging the snowman too.  Perhaps a small binder clip attached to the top would have worked for that?  



A holiday ribbon of green and gold wrapped around a couple times made a festive scarf for my snowman and finished it off perfectly.  He is staying around a little longer after the holidays because I just couldn't part with him just yet, and it is still winter after all!



This was the easiest snowman I have ever created!  And, I stayed nice and warm, and dry too, in doing so!



Happy crafting!...



.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.