Thoughts and Things - This Week ... Where does the time go?~Birthdays, Babies & Brownies


Where does it go?  It seems unreal that our first grand is nine already.  She is growing up so fast!  We were supposed to celebrate her birthday with her last weekend, up in Greenville, SC.  However, due the winter storm that stole our plans, we had to postpone.  We managed to try again with great success today, I'm happy to say!


And just look how happy she was about it.  Two birthday-days aren't so bad after all. 



I treated her to my special, fancy Brownie (I prepared two, one with walnuts and one without), instead of the typical birthday cake.  She was very pleased about that too!  A few candles added, along with all of us singing her the "Happy Birthday" song, had her smiling as well.



A wish was made, and then out went the candles!  I think she may have wished that she could eat the whole thing!



She and little Sis posed for a moment, so I could capture their beautiful smiles!  I'm quite sure they were babies just a minute ago!  Nine and five now, how did this happen?




Their momma was just my little baby not that long ago, as well.  Now she is over 21, and like her mother she also enjoys a nice glass of wine.  And now we both can enjoy a glass together!  But, I'm not gonna state our ages!  Well OK, she is uhhhh, 29 ... and me, I am not much older!  OK?  Got it?  

That's our story and we're sticking to it!  ;)



Where does the time go?...












.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.