Add Sparkle to Chandeliers & Lamp shades

On a recent visit to the craft store I happened to notice something to add a little sparkle to lamp shades.  I have a chandelier I was fortunate to discover a few years ago at an antique shop.  All it really needed was a little TLC with some new wiring and new lamp shades, which with hubby's electrical skills and my good choice of shades, it was quickly good as new.  And, I really love it!  

Now ...back to present day, or to just a couple of weekends ago actually, when I found something I didn't even know existed, let alone that I needed!
Well, OK, wanted.  Something that sparkles.  Sparkle...for my chandelier!
And, I really love sparkle.  Yes, I do.

What I found are Shade Charms, magnetic lamp shade ornaments.  These can be easily added to lamp shades.
There is wire in those lamp shades, ya know? ...so these little beauties just magnetically *click* on to the bottom of them.  Adding a bit of glamour to your lamp shades!


However, I chose to add the charms to my chandelier instead of the shades.  If your chandelier is metal, as part of mine is, the charms can easily be added to the chandelier just like I did for mine.   And, doesn't it look fancy all dressed up with those pretty charms?!


I sure think it does!  It's like added jewelry for my chandelier.

Here's a close-up of a charm, the little silver part at the top is the magnet.



This is what the package of Shade Charms looked like.  



I'm thinking that I must have more of these now!



Notice in this photo below where I added the left-over of the five in the pack to the bottom of my chandelier, and well, now wouldn't you know I'm considering adding more there?


Although I was a bit disappointed that only part of my chandelier is metal (the scrolls), and the lamp shades of course.  I had thought the charms would also look nice under the round part that is just under the white tubes, but sadly it isn't metal there, either!  UGH! :(  And the very bottom also is not metal, which I considered using the fifth charm for. 

I do like the added sparkle on my beautiful chandelier.  And, now to decide, should I get more or not?!  One of those forty-percent off coupons will most likely come into play in helping with my decision.  I'll be considering it, for now!




Here's to adding a little sparkle!...







.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.