Celebrating our LOVE for others

With having a day next month that is all about hearts and love, I got to thinking about the things we do in celebrating our love for others and the many ways of showing and expressing it, not just in February, but all throughout the year.

~Giving a "just because" gift to someone you love is always nice.
I like it when I find an item that reminds me of a loved one and I just have to get it for them, and seeing the joy on their face upon receiving it!
Baking something yummy and delicious that I know they love, maybe using a favorite recipe.
A bottle of wine or bubbly to enjoy after a long day.
Surprising them with some of their favorite candy, sweets, or chocolate.
A plant or flowers to add to the home or garden.
A card that expresses my love for them.

~Some just 'because gifts' are not actual items at all.
I find it rewarding to do something special for someone.
An invitation to meet and enjoy lunch or dinner, perhaps at a favorite restaurant.
Offering to give a couple with children a night out alone together, providing child care for them.
A phone call to catch-up, to lend an ear and just listen, or simply to say "I'm thinking of you!"
A big HUG.  I am a hug-ger, hugs can always be expected from me!
A smile, it doesn't cost a thing, and it's very contagious.  And, laughter is too!
Show your appreciation for what others do for you, with gratitude.
Compliment their efforts, achievements, and also their appearance.
Be thankful, kind, and considerate.
Say the words "I love you" out loud, and often!
Small simple gestures with big impact that can brighten someones day.

 ~*~  ~ *~  ~*~      


I enjoy decorating my home and also re-decorating it, too.  That is very apparent for anyone who visits or reads my blog.  I like sharing ideas and tips on home decor, and helping others with what I have learned over the years, both personally and through my blog.  I enjoy sharing my home with my family and friends, and hope they feel a sense of warmth and welcome when they are here.   I feel that my home, and my home's decor, is a reflection of me and my tastes.  It's a part of me, part of the things I love, and part of my heart.  I put time and effort into making my home something I love, and I share it with those I love.

When family and friends are in my home I want them to enjoy being here and have the feeling of wanting to stay a while, being comfortable, relaxed, and most especially, loved!  Having them be a part of my life is important to me and worth celebrating, any day or anytime.  Sharing my home with those I love and care about is one of my favorite ways of showing them my love and appreciation for them.  Whether it's just relaxing on our porch together with beverages and good conversation, or preparing and sharing a delicious meal to enjoy together.




To add to our dining experience, I enjoy setting an inviting table in our dining room, with candles and a beautiful floral arrangement as a focal point.  I love flowers and using them in my home, so I've always enjoyed making my own floral arrangements, often using artificial or faux flowers.  But, I also use fresh flowers, and occasionally combine both fresh and faux.  Fresh flowers make an ordinary day extraordinary and add a special touch. Sometimes I find fresh flowers at the local grocery, it's hard to pass them up once they catch my eye and I literally "stop to smell the roses!"

I recently learned of a flower delivery service.  They reached out to me with the idea for this post.  Upon visiting their website you can enter your zip code to find local florists and unique floral designs that are available.  They also have a blog with a vast amount of information on flowers, and lots of inspiration for those like me who like to make their own arrangements.  But, if you want a professional to do the job for you, or you are planning to send flowers, check them out!  BloomNation, "Unique blooms that are always hand delivered and always local."

~*~ ~*~ ~*~  

I believe flowers are another way of expressing love, whether growing them in your garden to share with those that visit and view them, having them on display in your home to enjoy their beauty and fragrance, making something crafty using flowers for your home or someone else's, giving or sending flowers to lift someones spirit, celebrate their birthday, special occasion, or just to say..."I love you!"

Like flowers, love too, should always be blooming!














.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.