Winter Centerpiece


While wondering what to use for a centerpiece on our breakfast table after the holidays were over, I knew I wanted something to dress up our table for the winter season.  So, I went on the hunt around my home for inspiration and ideas.  I like a "use what you have" approach when doing quick change decorating.  That is what I did here for my winter centerpiece.  I put a simple one together in just minutes and I'm happy with what I came up with.

I used one new item though, but it was a gift!  My daughter gave me the bronze hammered tray for Christmas, and I'll tell you I hinted pretty hard that I wanted that beautiful tray, plus it matched another smaller half tray I already had.  Funny thing is, she told me after she gave it to me that before knowing I really wanted the tray, she had already gotten it for me!  So, it was truly meant to be! 



I like the winter feel of this simple centerpiece, and that it has a bit of a tone on tone look.  A sparkly cloth napkin is tucked beneath the wire basket holding a glass candle holder, a sparkly candle inside serves as a base, and lift, for the glass votive candle holder with votive candle.  I like to layer items, I believe it gives more interest.  And, using items to heighten or lift other items, adds interest as well.




I often use flowers, whether fresh or faux, I love flowers and using them throughout my home.  I realize though, there are some who choose not to use flowers in their home decor.  So, I thought putting together a centerpiece without flowers would be doable and also give an example idea for those preferring to not use flowers.
    
I added some cotton around the base of the basket for a wintry snow effect.  I placed some of my lightened pine cones around the basket because I thought they worked well with the over all color and I like to include them in my decorating.  Pine cones especially work well when using them around the holidays and during the winter.  Visit my post on "How to lighten pine cones" if you want to learn how I did mine.  Adding sprigs of greenery gave it a bit of color and worked well with the pine cones, and added to the winter look.


You may have already seen and remember my Christmas centerpiece...


   I shared it in the Christmas Decor 2015 post, I used the smaller half tray for that.



This close-up shows the tray a little better.  I thought about keeping my reindeer out a little longer to use for winter, but instead they were carefully packed away for next year!  Originally a plain white salt and pepper set, I added some sparkle and dressed them up for the holidays.


Yesterday while shopping I was happy to notice, and quickly score, another of the square trays (the last one), so now I have three of them, two large square trays and one smaller half tray.  *smiles*  


In doing something different, I went with my quick and easy winter centerpiece.  I achieved my desire for a centerpiece that didn't cost me a thing and took only a couple of minutes to create.   That's my favorite kind of decorating!



Happy decorating!...








.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.