A touch of "Winter" decor


After the holidays are over and all the holiday decorations are packed away until next year, that is when the winter really sets in, for me.  It's cold outside and warmth is what I seek.  I will admit that I'm not a huge fan of winter, that's no surprise if you know me!  But, it is a part of life and so I find a way to struggle on through it with immense anticipation of the first signs of spring.

This is also the time when there is a clean slate to work with when it comes to home decor, a starting over point, of sorts.  There's definitely a noticeable change in the scenery outside and winter is clearly visible.         




I gave my display shelf a "winter" make-over.  I think it is a reflection of what I see outside, and what I'm feeling on the inside.  Brrrr!  





Over at the 'Bar area' I added this warming message to my  fancy chalkboard.  I think curling up by a nice warm fire and having a "toast to warmth" is a perfect idea!





I hope you are warm, wherever you are!...




You may also like these links:
























.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.