Thoughts and Things this week - Giving Thanks & Thankfulness

Thanksgiving has come and gone and we now have memories and a few leftovers from the day.  We had all the usual favorites here for our Thanksgiving dinner, Turkey, Dressing, Sweet Potatoes, Macaroni and Cheese, Green Bean Casserole, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Deviled Eggs, Cranberry Sauce, Fresh Baked French Loaf Bread, plus mini Chocolate Pies and Crème Brûlée for dessert.

Hubby cooked the Turkey out on the Big Green Egg while I prepared the other goodies to go with it.  Our daughter and her husband along with their fur-babies shared the day with us and our fur-baby.  Our other daughter and her family live in Greenville, SC and couldn't join us this year due to her work schedule.  I'm hopeful next year finds us all together in one place!

We enjoyed the warm and beautiful day and our dinner, with some game playing after dinner.  Then a bit of fun for each of us at dessert time by finishing the caramelizing of the sugar on our individual Crème Brûlée desserts, and we also had those mini Chocolate Pies too.  We were stuffed like a turkey by days end, and hubby and I were tired enough to claim it bedtime just after the others left to go home around nine-thirty.



We each took turns with browning and caramelizing our sugar topped dessert.  I have Emeril to thank for the Crème Brûlée recipe, I discovered his boxed-mix at the grocery recently and decided I'd let him provide the recipe for one of my desserts this year.  We altered the recipe at the end by adding white sugar and then browning it with our little butane burner.  (The mix came with caramelized sugar to sprinkle on top.)  It was so easy to make, and delicious! 




I have so much to be thankful for. I'm most thankful for my family, and their love. They're my everything!  They have my heart and my love.  I'm thankful for my extended family and I wish we could all be together more often and share more time together in one place, too!

I'm also thankful for my friends, many of which who have become like family.  It's said that "Friends are the family you choose."  
"Friends fill your Soul with Sunshine and your Heart with Love"





I mentioned being thankful for family, and I am especially thankful to be expecting a very special addition to our family in 2017.  Our sweet baby girl is having a "Sweet Baby Girl!" I can't wait to see "Little Miss Perfect" in that outfit!  This is her first child, and our third grandchild, third granddaughter actually and she is due in May.  My daughter and son-in-law are going to be terrific parents!  We are so happy, so excited, and so very thankful!



I took this photo of our handsome fur-baby boy Aeon, on Thanksgiving day.   I'm thankful that he shares lovingly in each day with us, brightens all of them, and is a special part of our life.  He brings joy and happiness to our everyday and I hope he feels the same about us!  He sure seems to smile a lot so I think he does!





My heart is full, and I'm very thankful!...








.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.