Thoughts and Things this week - November ~ Celebrations & Events


November always feels like it's truly Fall, especially here in Georgia!  It takes a while for me to get there, I'm all about Fall for now!  I've enjoyed the Fall decor around my home and plan to continue to through Thanksgiving.


November brings with it much to celebrate.  We happily celebrate birthdays, an anniversary, honoring our Veterans, and Thanksgiving this month!  We have so much to be thankful and grateful for!


I wanted to share a few 'November' celebrations and events on the list thus far. 


***



On the evening of Saturday, November 5th, we enjoyed a night at the Atlanta Opera, attending the performance of "Silent Night."  We claimed it as an early Anniversary celebration by also purchasing the dinner package offered.  We sat at a table with two other couples and enjoyed our dinner, as well as friendly conversation with them.  One couple informed us they were family to the orchestra conductor, her Mother and Brother.  The opera was very entertaining and interesting.  The music, performance, stage and effects, were all captivating and very well done.  A memorable evening and worth seeing opera!    

  ***



November 8th - On my 20th birthday, 36 years ago, I was celebrating my marriage to this handsome man! 
We have shared many adventures together. We've created two beautiful daughters, a beautiful home, a strong friendship, and a good life. Through highs and lows we have stuck together, swimming upstream when we had to, going with the flow as needed, and happily sailing through the great times. 
~Happy 36th Anniversary to my husband, my best friend, and the one I love, Marty. Here's to many more years of life, love, and laughter together, as friends and partners, as the better halves to each other, as husband and wife, as you and me, as us!





***



Source unknown
~Election Day 2016~ 

On November 8th our nation elected the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump.  I'm not going to express my views/opinions one way or the other here.  It is an important event this November so I felt it should be included in my post.  I will say, "I pray for our nation and hope everyone comes together and will work towards a united America. The United States of America."  God Bless the USA!


***


source unknown
~Today we honor all who served~
November 11th


In honor of Veterans Day, today ~ My Father ~

~ "Thank You," to our military veterans! A special nod to my family members and friends who have served, as well as all current and past defenders of our freedom. Your courage, sacrifice, and service is deeply appreciated. 
You are the backbone of this great country! ... *Salute* 
Land of the free, home of the brave! God Bless America!~




I hope your November gives you much to smile about!...






.

.

.

.
Tammy is the design enthusiast behind the blog, Tips, Treats & Treasures, where her creativity is explored with a mixture of her artistic abilities and style through her home decorating, thrifty finds, DIY and creative craft projects, along with her family favorite recipes. She shares through her blog her ideas and helpful tips on everything she has learned over the years and much of which she is passionate about in the hope of inspiring others, with her own unique style storytelling.